How Can I make compatible ubuntu-drivers on 2 different pcsNVIDIA Graphics - resolution problems with new 12.04 LTS installationUbuntu 12.04/12.10 OpenGL games fullscreen slowHow to set up native monitor resolution of 1680 × 1050 with Nvidia Geforce 210 on Ubuntu 14.04Why A Mismatch Between ubuntu-drivers list and Additional Drivers List?“ubuntu-drivers devices” command do not displayingInstallation of NVDIA drivers on ASUS ZenBook 14 UX431FN-AN001T
How should "murciélago" be pronounced?
How do you help a new player evaluate complex multiclassing options without driving them and yourself crazy?
“Depend on abstractions, not on concretions” what is the exact meaning of this term
What are the possible punishments for an impeached USA president?
Does a buffer overflow vulnerability always mean a code execution vulnerability?
Chess PhD topic in machine learning?
Is there any possible way to automatically update the locators when developer changes the locators
Is there a guide/reference for possible character hairstyles in D&D Forgotten Realms universe?
What is the difference between "more" and "less" commands?
Why are Proto-Slavic *pęstь and Proto-Germanic *funstiz cognate?
Cannot delete lines in QGIS
Seeking for car cigarette lighter fuse
Ideas for medieval currency
How can I deal with my coworkers using unknown jargon and acronyms?
If the second hand goes backwards, starting from 12:00, how long does it take to meet with the minute hand?
In academic writing why do some recommend to avoid "announcing" the topic?
Sending non-work emails to colleagues. Is it rude?
Students requesting to switch partners mid term
Sold item on eBay, buyer wants it to be delivered to another country, and pay by bank transfer
How much would we learn from observing an FTL starship fly by?
Is it normal to not be able to work 8 hours a day?
Is it possible to remove the trash icon from the dock on macOS Catalina?
Extract subsequence corresponding to n:th pattern from a file
how to write a condition for all elements of a list
How Can I make compatible ubuntu-drivers on 2 different pcs
NVIDIA Graphics - resolution problems with new 12.04 LTS installationUbuntu 12.04/12.10 OpenGL games fullscreen slowHow to set up native monitor resolution of 1680 × 1050 with Nvidia Geforce 210 on Ubuntu 14.04Why A Mismatch Between ubuntu-drivers list and Additional Drivers List?“ubuntu-drivers devices” command do not displayingInstallation of NVDIA drivers on ASUS ZenBook 14 UX431FN-AN001T
.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty
margin-bottom:0;
I can't run ubuntu on my first pc with the following graphic card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. So what I do is enter the system using nomodeset on boot and I install the nvidia drivers:
sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall .
This installs nvidia-driver-430 and all works fine in that pc. Now I take my ssd hard drive and I go to another pc with the following graphic card: G92 [GeForce 9800 GT] and I see all very big like it's something wrong with the resolution. So what I do is uninstall the previously installed nvidia-driver-430 and reboot to fix it but now again is going to go wrong on the first pc.
Is there a way to work well with both?
drivers nvidia graphics compatibility
add a comment
|
I can't run ubuntu on my first pc with the following graphic card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. So what I do is enter the system using nomodeset on boot and I install the nvidia drivers:
sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall .
This installs nvidia-driver-430 and all works fine in that pc. Now I take my ssd hard drive and I go to another pc with the following graphic card: G92 [GeForce 9800 GT] and I see all very big like it's something wrong with the resolution. So what I do is uninstall the previously installed nvidia-driver-430 and reboot to fix it but now again is going to go wrong on the first pc.
Is there a way to work well with both?
drivers nvidia graphics compatibility
add a comment
|
I can't run ubuntu on my first pc with the following graphic card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. So what I do is enter the system using nomodeset on boot and I install the nvidia drivers:
sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall .
This installs nvidia-driver-430 and all works fine in that pc. Now I take my ssd hard drive and I go to another pc with the following graphic card: G92 [GeForce 9800 GT] and I see all very big like it's something wrong with the resolution. So what I do is uninstall the previously installed nvidia-driver-430 and reboot to fix it but now again is going to go wrong on the first pc.
Is there a way to work well with both?
drivers nvidia graphics compatibility
I can't run ubuntu on my first pc with the following graphic card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. So what I do is enter the system using nomodeset on boot and I install the nvidia drivers:
sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall .
This installs nvidia-driver-430 and all works fine in that pc. Now I take my ssd hard drive and I go to another pc with the following graphic card: G92 [GeForce 9800 GT] and I see all very big like it's something wrong with the resolution. So what I do is uninstall the previously installed nvidia-driver-430 and reboot to fix it but now again is going to go wrong on the first pc.
Is there a way to work well with both?
drivers nvidia graphics compatibility
drivers nvidia graphics compatibility
asked Sep 20 at 11:58
TheGenTheGen
361 bronze badge
361 bronze badge
add a comment
|
add a comment
|
0
active
oldest
votes
Your Answer
StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);
StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);
else
createEditor();
);
function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/"u003ecc by-sa 4.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);
);
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1175471%2fhow-can-i-make-compatible-ubuntu-drivers-on-2-different-pcs%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
0
active
oldest
votes
0
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
active
oldest
votes
Thanks for contributing an answer to Ask Ubuntu!
- Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!
But avoid …
- Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.
- Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.
To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f1175471%2fhow-can-i-make-compatible-ubuntu-drivers-on-2-different-pcs%23new-answer', 'question_page');
);
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Sign up or log in
StackExchange.ready(function ()
StackExchange.helpers.onClickDraftSave('#login-link');
);
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Sign up using Google
Sign up using Facebook
Sign up using Email and Password
Post as a guest
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown
Required, but never shown