./configure not found on new installation of ubuntuHow do I install the latest version of node.js?--mandir command not foundHow to fix “PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG: command not found” error?Ubuntu Juju local configure failedtesseract-ocr `./configure` triggering Error “leptonica not found”ubuntu 14.04. libiberty not found after installWhat does --prefix do exactly when used in ./configure?Editing config on Proxychains | Ubuntu for Windows Linux Sub Systemcmd “./configure” not executing

Generalized Assignment Problem as the sub-problem

Would we have more than 8 minutes of light, if the sun "went out"?

If LPG gas burners can reach temperatures above 1700 °C, then how do HCA and PAH not develop in extreme amounts during cooking?

Find the percentage

Mac is stuck in some kind of automatic layout windowing mode

In 1700s, why was 'books that never read' grammatical?

Had there been instances of national states banning harmful imports before the Opium wars?

Landing Hero: Product snippets VS illustrations

False Shadow of an Orb

Concrete description of lift in Arens-Eells space

Scalar `new T` vs array `new T[1]`

How to Skip One Bullet in ITEMIZE?

A goat is tied to the corner of a shed

Can I bring alcohol to Dubai?

I am confused with the word order when putting a sentence into passé composé with reflexive verbs

How much money should I save in order to generate $1000/month for the rest of my life?

Looking for PC graphics demo software from the early 90s called "Unreal"

Why is there no logical not operator (!!) in C-style languages?

Why does allocating a single 2D array take longer than a loop allocating multiple 1D arrays of the same total size and shape?

Iron-age tools, is there a way to extract heavy metals out of a creature?

How stable are PID loops really?

Does permanent loss of castling rights reset three fold repetition

How acceptable is an ellipsis "..." in formal mathematics?

Would Great Old Ones care about the Blood War?



./configure not found on new installation of ubuntu


How do I install the latest version of node.js?--mandir command not foundHow to fix “PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG: command not found” error?Ubuntu Juju local configure failedtesseract-ocr `./configure` triggering Error “leptonica not found”ubuntu 14.04. libiberty not found after installWhat does --prefix do exactly when used in ./configure?Editing config on Proxychains | Ubuntu for Windows Linux Sub Systemcmd “./configure” not executing






.everyoneloves__top-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__mid-leaderboard:empty,.everyoneloves__bot-mid-leaderboard:empty
margin-bottom:0;









0















I am quite unexperienced with ubuntu. As I am now trying to install nodejs via tar.gz package I dont get the ./configure to work.



As you may read anywhere, an installation consists basicly of these steps:
1. Download tar.gz package
2. Extract
3. Open Terminal
4. cd into the source folder
5. $ ./configure
6. $ make
7. $ sudo make install
8. -- Install completed --



No matter if I perform Step 5. with root root or not, I'm getting this Error:
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory



It may surely not be a configuration error, because I've just reinstalled the OS about 2 hours ago.



Thanks for any advice.



EDIT:
I've downloaded the Linux-Binarys of Nodejs here. But as I think about it now, I should be using the sourcecode packege. Shouldn't I?










share|improve this question





















  • 2





    ./configure isn't a thing that's "on" Ubuntu: it's a script that may be provided by the package: what exactly did you download, and from where? Edit your question to include a link if possible. What directory are you in exactly when you try to execute the command?

    – steeldriver
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:01












  • @steeldriver added link. So there should be a directory configure inside the package to get it to work? seems simple. - But in this case, I dont get why the usage of ./configure is even suggested in the readme-file.

    – LuckyLikey
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:10











  • If you've downloaded one of the binary packages, then you don't need to configure or make anything - that's only required for the source code .tar.gz package

    – steeldriver
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:13











  • @steeldriver so how is it installed then? do I need to copy it anywhere?

    – LuckyLikey
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:16











  • I don't have experience with nodejs: however I suggest you refer to How do I install the latest version of node.js? and How to Install Node.js on Ubuntu 14.04

    – steeldriver
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:26

















0















I am quite unexperienced with ubuntu. As I am now trying to install nodejs via tar.gz package I dont get the ./configure to work.



As you may read anywhere, an installation consists basicly of these steps:
1. Download tar.gz package
2. Extract
3. Open Terminal
4. cd into the source folder
5. $ ./configure
6. $ make
7. $ sudo make install
8. -- Install completed --



No matter if I perform Step 5. with root root or not, I'm getting this Error:
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory



It may surely not be a configuration error, because I've just reinstalled the OS about 2 hours ago.



Thanks for any advice.



EDIT:
I've downloaded the Linux-Binarys of Nodejs here. But as I think about it now, I should be using the sourcecode packege. Shouldn't I?










share|improve this question





















  • 2





    ./configure isn't a thing that's "on" Ubuntu: it's a script that may be provided by the package: what exactly did you download, and from where? Edit your question to include a link if possible. What directory are you in exactly when you try to execute the command?

    – steeldriver
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:01












  • @steeldriver added link. So there should be a directory configure inside the package to get it to work? seems simple. - But in this case, I dont get why the usage of ./configure is even suggested in the readme-file.

    – LuckyLikey
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:10











  • If you've downloaded one of the binary packages, then you don't need to configure or make anything - that's only required for the source code .tar.gz package

    – steeldriver
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:13











  • @steeldriver so how is it installed then? do I need to copy it anywhere?

    – LuckyLikey
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:16











  • I don't have experience with nodejs: however I suggest you refer to How do I install the latest version of node.js? and How to Install Node.js on Ubuntu 14.04

    – steeldriver
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:26













0












0








0


2






I am quite unexperienced with ubuntu. As I am now trying to install nodejs via tar.gz package I dont get the ./configure to work.



As you may read anywhere, an installation consists basicly of these steps:
1. Download tar.gz package
2. Extract
3. Open Terminal
4. cd into the source folder
5. $ ./configure
6. $ make
7. $ sudo make install
8. -- Install completed --



No matter if I perform Step 5. with root root or not, I'm getting this Error:
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory



It may surely not be a configuration error, because I've just reinstalled the OS about 2 hours ago.



Thanks for any advice.



EDIT:
I've downloaded the Linux-Binarys of Nodejs here. But as I think about it now, I should be using the sourcecode packege. Shouldn't I?










share|improve this question
















I am quite unexperienced with ubuntu. As I am now trying to install nodejs via tar.gz package I dont get the ./configure to work.



As you may read anywhere, an installation consists basicly of these steps:
1. Download tar.gz package
2. Extract
3. Open Terminal
4. cd into the source folder
5. $ ./configure
6. $ make
7. $ sudo make install
8. -- Install completed --



No matter if I perform Step 5. with root root or not, I'm getting this Error:
bash: ./configure: No such file or directory



It may surely not be a configuration error, because I've just reinstalled the OS about 2 hours ago.



Thanks for any advice.



EDIT:
I've downloaded the Linux-Binarys of Nodejs here. But as I think about it now, I should be using the sourcecode packege. Shouldn't I?







bash configure






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Jan 6 '16 at 15:30







LuckyLikey

















asked Jan 6 '16 at 1:54









LuckyLikeyLuckyLikey

1141 silver badge5 bronze badges




1141 silver badge5 bronze badges










  • 2





    ./configure isn't a thing that's "on" Ubuntu: it's a script that may be provided by the package: what exactly did you download, and from where? Edit your question to include a link if possible. What directory are you in exactly when you try to execute the command?

    – steeldriver
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:01












  • @steeldriver added link. So there should be a directory configure inside the package to get it to work? seems simple. - But in this case, I dont get why the usage of ./configure is even suggested in the readme-file.

    – LuckyLikey
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:10











  • If you've downloaded one of the binary packages, then you don't need to configure or make anything - that's only required for the source code .tar.gz package

    – steeldriver
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:13











  • @steeldriver so how is it installed then? do I need to copy it anywhere?

    – LuckyLikey
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:16











  • I don't have experience with nodejs: however I suggest you refer to How do I install the latest version of node.js? and How to Install Node.js on Ubuntu 14.04

    – steeldriver
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:26












  • 2





    ./configure isn't a thing that's "on" Ubuntu: it's a script that may be provided by the package: what exactly did you download, and from where? Edit your question to include a link if possible. What directory are you in exactly when you try to execute the command?

    – steeldriver
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:01












  • @steeldriver added link. So there should be a directory configure inside the package to get it to work? seems simple. - But in this case, I dont get why the usage of ./configure is even suggested in the readme-file.

    – LuckyLikey
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:10











  • If you've downloaded one of the binary packages, then you don't need to configure or make anything - that's only required for the source code .tar.gz package

    – steeldriver
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:13











  • @steeldriver so how is it installed then? do I need to copy it anywhere?

    – LuckyLikey
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:16











  • I don't have experience with nodejs: however I suggest you refer to How do I install the latest version of node.js? and How to Install Node.js on Ubuntu 14.04

    – steeldriver
    Jan 6 '16 at 2:26







2




2





./configure isn't a thing that's "on" Ubuntu: it's a script that may be provided by the package: what exactly did you download, and from where? Edit your question to include a link if possible. What directory are you in exactly when you try to execute the command?

– steeldriver
Jan 6 '16 at 2:01






./configure isn't a thing that's "on" Ubuntu: it's a script that may be provided by the package: what exactly did you download, and from where? Edit your question to include a link if possible. What directory are you in exactly when you try to execute the command?

– steeldriver
Jan 6 '16 at 2:01














@steeldriver added link. So there should be a directory configure inside the package to get it to work? seems simple. - But in this case, I dont get why the usage of ./configure is even suggested in the readme-file.

– LuckyLikey
Jan 6 '16 at 2:10





@steeldriver added link. So there should be a directory configure inside the package to get it to work? seems simple. - But in this case, I dont get why the usage of ./configure is even suggested in the readme-file.

– LuckyLikey
Jan 6 '16 at 2:10













If you've downloaded one of the binary packages, then you don't need to configure or make anything - that's only required for the source code .tar.gz package

– steeldriver
Jan 6 '16 at 2:13





If you've downloaded one of the binary packages, then you don't need to configure or make anything - that's only required for the source code .tar.gz package

– steeldriver
Jan 6 '16 at 2:13













@steeldriver so how is it installed then? do I need to copy it anywhere?

– LuckyLikey
Jan 6 '16 at 2:16





@steeldriver so how is it installed then? do I need to copy it anywhere?

– LuckyLikey
Jan 6 '16 at 2:16













I don't have experience with nodejs: however I suggest you refer to How do I install the latest version of node.js? and How to Install Node.js on Ubuntu 14.04

– steeldriver
Jan 6 '16 at 2:26





I don't have experience with nodejs: however I suggest you refer to How do I install the latest version of node.js? and How to Install Node.js on Ubuntu 14.04

– steeldriver
Jan 6 '16 at 2:26










1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes


















1
















Thanks for all your Ideas.



I managed to install it with this tutorial.



1. Get Processor architecture



$ getconf LONG_BIT
64


2. Download package using correct version and CPU Architecture



wget http://nodejs.org/dist/v4.2.4/node-v4.2.4-linux-x64.tar.gz


3. Unpack to `/usr/local using correct version and CPU Architecture



 sudo tar -C /usr/local --strip-components 1 -xzf node-v4.2.4-linux-x64.tar.gz


Works




I also tried Install Node.js with Maintained Ubuntu Packages from the same link which didn't work, due to failures inside the bash-script.







share|improve this answer




















  • 1





    You may set your own answer as the accepted. 3 years, now you may already got experience with Unix like systems. As general info, always look for INSTALL, README files or any doc/help folder, most developers document such imported instructions (HOWTO install).

    – user.dz
    Aug 19 at 9:12












Your Answer








StackExchange.ready(function()
var channelOptions =
tags: "".split(" "),
id: "89"
;
initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
// Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
createEditor();
);

else
createEditor();

);

function createEditor()
StackExchange.prepareEditor(
heartbeatType: 'answer',
autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
convertImagesToLinks: true,
noModals: true,
showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
reputationToPostImages: 10,
bindNavPrevention: true,
postfix: "",
imageUploader:
brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/"u003ecc by-sa 4.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
allowUrls: true
,
onDemand: true,
discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
);



);














draft saved

draft discarded
















StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f717449%2fconfigure-not-found-on-new-installation-of-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown

























1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes








1 Answer
1






active

oldest

votes









active

oldest

votes






active

oldest

votes









1
















Thanks for all your Ideas.



I managed to install it with this tutorial.



1. Get Processor architecture



$ getconf LONG_BIT
64


2. Download package using correct version and CPU Architecture



wget http://nodejs.org/dist/v4.2.4/node-v4.2.4-linux-x64.tar.gz


3. Unpack to `/usr/local using correct version and CPU Architecture



 sudo tar -C /usr/local --strip-components 1 -xzf node-v4.2.4-linux-x64.tar.gz


Works




I also tried Install Node.js with Maintained Ubuntu Packages from the same link which didn't work, due to failures inside the bash-script.







share|improve this answer




















  • 1





    You may set your own answer as the accepted. 3 years, now you may already got experience with Unix like systems. As general info, always look for INSTALL, README files or any doc/help folder, most developers document such imported instructions (HOWTO install).

    – user.dz
    Aug 19 at 9:12















1
















Thanks for all your Ideas.



I managed to install it with this tutorial.



1. Get Processor architecture



$ getconf LONG_BIT
64


2. Download package using correct version and CPU Architecture



wget http://nodejs.org/dist/v4.2.4/node-v4.2.4-linux-x64.tar.gz


3. Unpack to `/usr/local using correct version and CPU Architecture



 sudo tar -C /usr/local --strip-components 1 -xzf node-v4.2.4-linux-x64.tar.gz


Works




I also tried Install Node.js with Maintained Ubuntu Packages from the same link which didn't work, due to failures inside the bash-script.







share|improve this answer




















  • 1





    You may set your own answer as the accepted. 3 years, now you may already got experience with Unix like systems. As general info, always look for INSTALL, README files or any doc/help folder, most developers document such imported instructions (HOWTO install).

    – user.dz
    Aug 19 at 9:12













1














1










1









Thanks for all your Ideas.



I managed to install it with this tutorial.



1. Get Processor architecture



$ getconf LONG_BIT
64


2. Download package using correct version and CPU Architecture



wget http://nodejs.org/dist/v4.2.4/node-v4.2.4-linux-x64.tar.gz


3. Unpack to `/usr/local using correct version and CPU Architecture



 sudo tar -C /usr/local --strip-components 1 -xzf node-v4.2.4-linux-x64.tar.gz


Works




I also tried Install Node.js with Maintained Ubuntu Packages from the same link which didn't work, due to failures inside the bash-script.







share|improve this answer













Thanks for all your Ideas.



I managed to install it with this tutorial.



1. Get Processor architecture



$ getconf LONG_BIT
64


2. Download package using correct version and CPU Architecture



wget http://nodejs.org/dist/v4.2.4/node-v4.2.4-linux-x64.tar.gz


3. Unpack to `/usr/local using correct version and CPU Architecture



 sudo tar -C /usr/local --strip-components 1 -xzf node-v4.2.4-linux-x64.tar.gz


Works




I also tried Install Node.js with Maintained Ubuntu Packages from the same link which didn't work, due to failures inside the bash-script.








share|improve this answer












share|improve this answer



share|improve this answer










answered Jan 6 '16 at 2:46









LuckyLikeyLuckyLikey

1141 silver badge5 bronze badges




1141 silver badge5 bronze badges










  • 1





    You may set your own answer as the accepted. 3 years, now you may already got experience with Unix like systems. As general info, always look for INSTALL, README files or any doc/help folder, most developers document such imported instructions (HOWTO install).

    – user.dz
    Aug 19 at 9:12












  • 1





    You may set your own answer as the accepted. 3 years, now you may already got experience with Unix like systems. As general info, always look for INSTALL, README files or any doc/help folder, most developers document such imported instructions (HOWTO install).

    – user.dz
    Aug 19 at 9:12







1




1





You may set your own answer as the accepted. 3 years, now you may already got experience with Unix like systems. As general info, always look for INSTALL, README files or any doc/help folder, most developers document such imported instructions (HOWTO install).

– user.dz
Aug 19 at 9:12





You may set your own answer as the accepted. 3 years, now you may already got experience with Unix like systems. As general info, always look for INSTALL, README files or any doc/help folder, most developers document such imported instructions (HOWTO install).

– user.dz
Aug 19 at 9:12


















draft saved

draft discarded















































Thanks for contributing an answer to Ask Ubuntu!


  • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

But avoid


  • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

  • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




draft saved


draft discarded














StackExchange.ready(
function ()
StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2faskubuntu.com%2fquestions%2f717449%2fconfigure-not-found-on-new-installation-of-ubuntu%23new-answer', 'question_page');

);

Post as a guest















Required, but never shown





















































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown

































Required, but never shown














Required, but never shown












Required, but never shown







Required, but never shown







Popular posts from this blog

xrandr — how to find the correct RGB full spectrum output command for my systemHow to get second display to work alongside primary display?Unable to change the refresh rate to 60hz with xrandrUbuntu 16.04 external monitors black screen “Could not set the configuration for CRTC”Ubuntu 18.04 Monitor not recognizedXubuntu 18.04 does not detect external monitors connected via USB-C hubLaptop running Ubuntu 18.04 and Nvidia GPU does not detect HDMI display

Distance measures on a map of a game The 2019 Stack Overflow Developer Survey Results Are Inmin distance in a graphShortest distance path on contour plotHow to plot a tilted map?Finding points outside of a diskDelaunay link distanceAnnulus from GeoDisks: drawing a ring on a mapNegative Correlation DistanceFind distance along a path (GPS coordinates)Finding position at given distance in a GeoPathMathematics behind distance estimation using camera

How to get a smooth, uniform ParametricPlot of a 2D Region?How to plot a complicated Region?How to exclude a region from ParametricPlotHow discretize a region placing vertices on a specific non-uniform gridHow to transform a Plot or a ParametricPlot into a RegionHow can I get a smooth plot of a bounded region?Smooth ParametricPlot3D with RegionFunction?Smooth border of a region ParametricPlotSmooth region boundarySmooth region plot from list of pointsGet minimum y of a certain x in a region